Eligibility and Frequency
Not everyone is eligible for the asymptomatic testing program, and asymptomatic testing is not available on a one-time or ad hoc basis. Individuals must meet eligibility criteria and be officially included in the testing protocol list to take part.
For symptomatic testing (if you have symptoms of COVID and need a test), please visit UHS for your options.
Currently, all those who are test-eligible are receiving weekly email updates on Thursdays from email@example.com. If you are not receiving these weekly email updates, you are not currently included in the list of those that are test-eligible, and you should not be taking part in asymptomatic testing.
These requirements are current for the Spring 2021 semester.
All enrolled graduate students must complete this form, even if you were enrolled in the testing protocol in the fall. The form must completed by Friday, January 15. Graduate students not meeting the criteria in the table below but who have completed the enrollment form and want to opt in must begin asymptomatic testing as of Feb. 1.
Undergraduate students, once they have finished the Arrival Quarantine, will submit tests based on which residential college they are assigned to (regardless of where they are currently living). For days of the week that samples are due from undergraduates, check out the table on our Dropping Off Your Sample page.
|Spring 2021 Semester||
|Graduate Students||Graduate Dependents||Faculty/Staff/Researchers|
Eligible if at least one of these criteria are met
|Frequency of Testing||Required twice weekly||
Required twice weekly
|Required twice weekly||Required once weekly (twice a week for health-care workers, Campus Dining, and Department of Public Safety patrol staff)|
* New Graduate College, Old Graduate College and any of the annexes (11, 15, 16 and 24 Dickinson Street, 35 and 45 University Place, 31 Edwards Place, and any residential college).
How to request eligibility
If you believe you should be eligible for testing based on the criteria above but are not receiving regular emails from firstname.lastname@example.org, please see directions below. After you have made your request, wait until you receive an email from email@example.com before taking part in testing. This process may take 7-10 days from time of request to the time of receiving your welcome email.
If you have been receiving emails from firstname.lastname@example.org but believe you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you can request removal through the same contacts below.
- Undergraduate students: email your Director of Student Life
- Graduate students: email Associate Dean Lisa Schreyer at email@example.com
- Graduate dependents over the age of 18 living in congregate housing: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty, staff, researchers, and affiliates: email your departmental manager or supervisor to ensure that your name is included in your department’s Resumption of Operations Plan, or alternately, if your name should be removed from your department’s plan if you no longer meet eligibility criteria. Updates to departmental Resumption of Operations Plans can be sent to the Office of the Executive Vice President by email at email@example.com.